News of the Week
- Friday, June 9th - School Closed
- I want to remind parents to please continue reviewing all basic skills in both math and phonics as I will begin end of year assessments this week. Children should be able to identify uppercase and lowercase letters, letter sounds, beginning and ending sounds in words, and all the sight words they have been learning throughout the school year. For math review counting to 20, matching groups of objects to numbers, measuring, adding, subtracting, and patterns.
This Week Children will be Learning the Following:
Religion: Children will learn about sharing God's love with others.
Reading: Children will listen and respond to the story "ABC Book."
Phonics: Children will continue working on identifying all letters of the alphabet. Children will identify and read all the sight words they have learned this year.
Phonemic Awareness: Children will identify all letter sounds of the alphabet. Children will build -it family words.
Math: Children will create and extend patterns.
Science: Children will create a boat experiment and explore density. Children will also experiment with magnets.
Letters of the Week for Review
- Mm, Tt, Rr, Ss, Cc, Pp, Aa, Nn, Dd, Ll, Gg, Ii, Bb, Oo, Ee, Jj, Ff, Xx, Hh, Qq, Kk, Uu, Ww, Vv, Yy, Zz.
Sight Words of the Week for Review
- I, my, the, and, a, see, can, go, in, look, to, little, big, jump, play, you, find, for, make, away, help, funny, here, run, is, it, where, down, said, up, we, not, me, come.
Color Words of the Week for Review
- red, blue, yellow, green, purple, black, brown, orange, white
Lessons of the Week
Please click here: http://planbookedu.com/s/14QIY