Sunday, June 11, 2017

Week of 6/12/17 - 6/16/17

Dear Parents,

As I sit here and write our last blog of the school year, I'm a little sentimental as we are so close to the end of the school year.  I want to take this time to thank you all for entrusting your child to me, it has truly been an honor to be part of your child's early childhood education.  I also want to congratulate all the parents for choosing a Catholic education for your child.  The fact that you have enrolled your child in my class tells me that you value the importance of a structured curriculum and understand the importance of providing your child with a good educational foundation. I'm very proud of all of the children's accomplishments this year as I have challenged them to go above and beyond.  I pray that they continue working hard and striving always for the best and be just as successful as they progress to Kindergarten.  With that said, our Moving-Up Ceremony will be held June 21st at 11:00am in the school auditorium, children are to arrive to the classroom by 10:15am. The girls are to wear a summer dress with sandals and boys are to wear a bright color polo shirt with khaki bermuda shorts. If you have any questions please see me in the morning.

Thank you for including me in your child's development.

Best Wishes,
Miss Rodriguez

News of the Week 
- Thursday, June 15th Donuts with Dad at 8:30am in the auditorium.  Children are to wear their dress-up clothes.

- Friday, June 16th - School Closed

- Wednesday, June 21st - Moving-Up Ceremony 11:00am.  Ceremony day will also be the last day of school for the children.

- Assessments will continue this week.  Please remember to review uppercase and lowercase letters, review letter sound recognition, identify numbers in random order 0 - 20, identify 2D and 3D shapes, review measuring, review basic addition and subtraction. Also, please make sure they are reviewing their sight words.  On Friday they went home with a set of index cards with all sight words so that they could review over the weekend.

Letters of the Week for Review
- Mm, Tt, Rr, Ss, Cc, Pp, Aa, Nn, Dd, Ll, Gg, Ii, Bb, Oo, Ee, Jj, Ff, Xx, Hh, Qq, Kk, Uu, Ww, Vv, Yy, Zz.

Sight Words of the Week for Review
- I, my, the, and, a, see, cango, in, look, to, little, big, jump, play, you, find, for, make, away, help, funny, here, run, is, it, where, down, said, up, we, not, me, come.

Color Words of the Week for Review
- red, blueyellow, green, purple, black, brown, orange, white

Lessons of the Week
Please click here: http://planbookedu.com/s/J3XDA

No comments:

Post a Comment