Sunday, November 13, 2011

Family Home Project

  
Dear Parents,
 
            As you have read in our blog our class is currently learning about “Family.”  We are having wonderful engaging discussions on the importance of our families.  We are learning that all families are different, some families are small, and some are bigger.  How some families only have a mommy or daddy, or maybe just grandparents, and aunts/uncles.  More importantly, the children are learning that our families are the people to whom we belong, who love and care for us and that God’s love comes to us through them.

To conclude our “Family Unit” at the end of this month, every student is to complete a Family Home Project.  On a poster board I would like you to help your child make a “Family Collage” of their favorite family moments.  Be as creative as you wish with your child.  You could use real home photos to answer the questions, have your child draw the pictures themselves, use magazine pictures to cut and paste or any other creative way to answer the questions.

 Family Collage must show the following:

-    -  Title:  My Family – Paste photo of family, or draw a picture of them.
-    -  Where my family comes from.  (Country of origin)
-    -  My favorite family tradition.
-    -  How I show love to my family.
-    -  How I help my family.
-    -  My favorite family activity.

Project Due Date:  Monday, November 28, 2011.  I would like one parent or guardian to please join us on this day at 8:30am to present the collage with their child as a “Family Show and Tell.”
I look forward to seeing all the beautiful work and wonderful presentations.  Thank you all for your participation!

Ms. Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment