Thursday, June 23, 2011

Farewell 1st Graders!

Dear Parents,
     Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all of your support and for entrusting your children to me.  I also want to thank you for being so welcoming towards me as a new member of the OLQM community.  I am very proud of my decision to have joined this community because I see the commitment of the families towards their childrens' education.  I urge everyone to continue working with your children and guiding them in making good choices and working hard in 2nd grade. I could not be any prouder of all the children, they have worked extremely hard. It is my hope that they continue in the 2nd grade with the same dedication and eagerness as they gave in the 1st grade. 
    Please continue reviewing over the vacation, remember that in two months a lot can be forgotten.  There are wonderful practice books at Amazon.com or Barnes & Nobles to help prepare for 2nd grade or to help them prepare for standardized test (ITBS).  Make sure your child is reading every single day.  They went home with two bags filled with books, also take them to the library to choose books they would enjoy reading.  Go over all the math concepts they learned this year and keep writing.  Have them start a summer journal and write about anything they want.
     God Bless and have a Happy and Safe Summer!!!!

Sincerely,
Ms. Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment